Medical facilities can be busy places with staff taking care of several tasks throughout the day. Keeping your medical facility clean and disinfected on a regular basis is a must, and now more so than ever because of the ongoing pandemic. However, with all the responsibilities your staff has, cleaning can seem overwhelming.
We have created a convenient and easy-to-use medical facility checklist to help your staff keep on track while performing regular cleaning and disinfecting duties. This downloadable checklist can help your staff be more efficient and less stressed during routine cleanings.
This checklist includes daily cleaning tasks for lobbies and front entrances, exam rooms, stairways and hallways, restrooms, breakrooms and kitchens, as well as periodic cleanings that include monthly, bi-monthly, bi-annually, and annually.
Daily Cleaning Tasks (Lobby/Offices/Halls)
- Dust all furniture including desks, chairs, and tables
- Spot clean desktops
- Dust all exposed cabinets, bookcases, and shelves
- Dust, clean, and sanitize all telephones
- Clean and sanitize water coolers
- Low dust all horizontal surfaces up to 70″
- Dust windowsills, ledges, moldings, shelves, picture frames, ducts, and radiators
- Spot clean reception lobby glass, including front door and all partition/door glass
- Dust mop resilient and hard floors, or vacuum carpeted floors in traffic areas
- Damp mop resilient floors
- Spot clean spills and stains on carpeted and resilient floors
- Vacuum furniture
- Spot clean furniture
- Vacuum carpet areas
Medical Exam Rooms
- Dust furniture, desk, chairs, and cabinets.
- Wipe clean countertops and cabinet faces with approved disinfectants.
- Empty trash cans.
- Clean interior glass windows to remove fingerprints and smudges.
- Dust mop hard floor.
- Damp mop and disinfect hard floors.
Medical Facility Stairs and Landings
- Sweep and vacuum stairs.
- Wipe down all railings.
Restroom Daily Cleaning
- Wash and disinfect all fixtures, sinks, urinals, toilet bowls, and toilet seats (both sides)
- Wash and polish all mirrors and faucets
- Clean tiled walls
- Scrub and disinfect floor, including corners
- Refill all soap dispensers, paper towels, seat covers, and any other bathroom supplies
- Empty all containers and disposals, insert liners as required. Spot clean and sanitize container
- Low dust all horizontal surfaces below 36″ including sills, moldings, ledges, frames, ducts, and heating outlets
- High dust above arms reach all horizontal surfaces including shelves ledges, moldings
- Sweep, damp mop, and sanitize hard floor
Periodic Medical Facility Cleaning Tasks
- High dust above arms reach and al I horizontal surfaces including shelves, moldings, and ledges
- Pull out rolling file cabinets and dust them
- Vacuum area under rolling cabinets
- Dust blinds
- Remove dust and cobwebs from ceilings
- Strip, wash, and wax all vinyl flooring
- High dust partitions, pipes, vents, moldings, and picture frames
- Vacuum all upholstered furniture
- Scrub bathroom floors
- Wash inside of outside windows every three months
- Wash outside of outside windows one time per month
- Damp clean and sanitize tabletops, seats, and back of chairs
- Damp clean chair pedestals or legs
- Damp clean and sanitize counter tops, cabinet faces, and tables
- Clean, polish, and refill paper towels/napkin holders
- Empty waste basket and recycling
- Clean and sanitize water cooler
- Spot clean doors, frames, light switches, kick and push plates, handles, walls, and interior glass
- Low dust below 36″ and high dust above 36″ and all horizontal surfaces
- Dust mop resilient and hard floors
- Damp mop resilient and hard floors
Interested in getting a quote for medical facility cleaning services? Contact us today for a no obligation quote.