One of our specialties at Commercial Cleaning Corp. is facility common area cleaning services. We work with facilities of residential and corporate multi-tenant buildings. We use the following property management cleaning checklist to ensure you have consistent cleaning services. When you own real estate properties the last thing you want to be bogged down with-it facility services. Many of our property management clients have been with us multiple decades because of our consistent quality services. We service New Jersey, Bucks County and more with our property management cleaning janitorial services.
Property Management Cleaning Checklist
TENANT AREAS – NIGHTLY CLEANING
- Vacuum and remove gum, tar, stains, and any foreign matter from all carpeted areas and rugs, moving light furniture other than desks, file cabinets, and other furniture.
- Sweep, mop, wax, and buff all tenant spaces, including entrance foyers and vestibules, kitchen, lunch area, and work areas throughout.
- All stone, ceramic tile, marble, terrazzo, asphalt flooring cleaned and maintained appropriate (as per surface) on a nightly basis with special attention given to corners and hard-to reach areas.
- All vinyl tile base or any other type base cleaned nightly as necessary or directed by Building Management.
- Vacuum and/or mop private stairways, dust handrails, and light fixtures.
DUSTING & CLEANING TENANT AREAS
- Dust and wipe clean all furniture, fixtures, shelving, other architectural louvers, lattices, ornamental work, telephones, cabinets, windowsills, door casings, map boards, and any mill work within reach.
- All glass tables and desktops cleaned with saturated cloths.
- Dust all ledges and other flat surfaces within reach.
- Move and damp dust under all desk equipment, ashtrays, telephones, and other similar equipment, replacing and dusting said equipment using treated cloth. Personnel shall not disturb papers on desks, tables, or cabinets.
- All vertical surfaces, including glass and partitions sidelights and walls \ spot cleaned as necessary or as directed by Building Management.
- Empty, clean, and damp dust all wastebaskets and disposal receptacles. Install liners.
- Wash ashtrays, sanitary cans, paper towel cans, and any other similar receptacles. Install liners.
- Dust and damp wipe windowsills and frames, convectors and convector covers, and remove all ink stains and smudges.
- Dust all closets, coat room shelving, and coat racks periodically. ▯ Wash all chalkboards and/or whiteboards.
- Wipe clean and polish all metal, including but not limited to metal doors, knobs, hinges, kick plates, door saddles, and lock face plates. *Materials subject to the approval of Building Management.
- Dust and damp wipe all plastic, vinyl, or other similar surfaces.
- Vacuum furniture as necessary and dust blinds periodically or as directed by Building Management.
- All private washrooms are cleaned in accordance with specifications for lavatories.
- Upon completion of nightly chores:
- All lights shall be turned off. o Doors will be locked. o Furniture will be properly arranged.
- Offices will be left in a neat and orderly condition.
- Venetian blinds shall be lowered and tilted to keep out the sun.
- All slop sinks, locker areas, and other utility areas shall be cleaned thoroughly, and cleaning equipment will be put in a location designated by Building Management.
TENANT AREAS – PERIODIC CLEANING
COMMERCIAL FLOOR CLEANING
- Provide complete floor maintenance and initial waxing prior to move-in of all new tenants.
- Pile lifting of carpets as directed by Building Management.
- Maintain all hard surface flooring in accordance with specifications provided by manufacturer or installer.
- Scrub and recondition resilient floor areas using buffable, non-slip type floor finish quarterly.
- Lift and clean under all plastic floor pads twice per week or as directed by Building Management.
DUSTING & CLEANING
- Wash all wastebaskets and like receptacles once per month or as directed by Building Management.
Do all high dusting monthly unless otherwise specified, including:
- Vacuum and dust all pictures, frames, charts, graphs, and similar wall hangings and any other not reached in night cleaning. Damp dust as required.
- Vacuum, dust, and/or damp clean all vertical surfaces such as walls, partition doors, bucks, ventilating louvers, grills, high moldings, and millwork not reached in nightly cleaning.
- Where applicable Dust and damp wipe exterior and interior of light fixtures.
- Dust ventilating and air conditioning louvers ducts, diffuser, and any other high areas and equipment not reached in nightly cleaning.
- Damp Wipe and dust all horizontal surfaces such as shelves, partitions, window frames, and any other high areas and equipment not reached in nightly cleaning.
LAVATORIES – NIGHTLY CLEANING
NOTE: It is the intention to keep lavatories thoroughly clean and not to use a disinfectant to mask odors. Disinfectants will be used at the direction of Building Management.
- Sweep, rinse, scrub and/or wash and dry all flooring with approved germicidal detergent solution to remove all spills, urine stains, scuff marks, and foot tracks throughout
- In all cases, special attention will be given to corners and hard-to-reach areas where floor meets wall
- Wash and polish with non-abrasive material to avoid damage and deterioration to chrome and/or stainless-steel fixtures:
- All mirrors and frames o powder shelves o sink shelves o all bright work, including dispensers and chrome or stainless-steel fittings
- Enamel surfaces, including flushometers, piping, toilet seat hinges and all metal
- Scour, wash, and disinfect all basins, bowls, and urinals with approved germicidal detergent solution, including tile walls near urinal.
- Wash both sides of all toilet seats with approved germicidal detergent solution.
- Disinfect and damp wipe and wash all partitions, enamel surfaces, tile walls, dispensers, doors, and receptacles.
- Empty and clean paper towel and disposal receptacles.
- Remove wastepaper and refuse, including soiled napkins, to a designated area in the premises and dispose of same.
- All wastepaper receptacles thoroughly cleaned and washed.
- Fill and maintain mechanical operation of all toilet tissue holders, soap dispensers, towel dispensers, and sanitary napkin dispenser.
- The filling of such receptacles is in such quantity as to last the entire day whenever possible.
- Remove stains as necessary and clean underside of rims of urinals and bowls.
- Wash and wax powder rooms and all tile floors, or vacuum and remove spots, if carpeted.
- Remove all graffiti.
- All vinyl base or any other type of base cleaned periodically as necessary or directed by Building Management.
- Report to Building Management any fixtures not working.
LAVATORIES – PERIODIC CLEANING
WEEKLY CLEANING SCHEDULE
- Clean urinals with scale solvent as needed, but not less than once a week.
TWO TIMES PER MONTH CLEANING DUTIES
- Scrub, wash, and polish all partitions, tile walls, and enamel surfaces from ceiling to floor, as necessary or as directed by Building Management, but not less than once every two (2) weeks. Proper disinfectants are used.
MONTHLY CLEANING DUTIES
- Wall all lighting fixtures, louvers, and ventilating grills as necessary, but not less than once a month.
- Do all high dusting, including all horizontal surfaces.
- Wall all painted, vinyl and tile wall surfacing, as need or directed by Building Management, but not less than once a month.
- Clean and disinfect all equipment drains to maintain in good operating condition. No acids permitted unless instructed by Building Management.
QUARTERLY CLEANING DUTIES
- Strip and re-coat all tile floors as needed, but not less than four (4) times per year.
YEARLY CLEANING DUTIES
- Acid clean all floors, if applicable and as directed by Building Management, once a year.
AS NEEDED DUTIES
- Machine scrub and buff flooring as necessary, or as directed by Building Management, with approved germicidal detergent solution.
CORRIDORS – NIGHTLY CLEANING
- Vacuum and remove gum, tar, stains, and any foreign matter from all carpeted areas. In all cases, special attention will be given to corners and hard-to-reach areas.
- Wipe clean and polish all chrome, stainless steel, metal, and other bright work including, but not limited to, metal doorknobs, hinges door saddles, thresholds and kick plates, elevator call button indicators.
- Elevator, elevator car saddle, stairways, and office and utility door edges are cleaned and polished to remove all stains and dirt, paper clips, and other similar debris. In all cases, special attention will be given to corners and hard-to-reach areas.
- Wipes clean all surfaces.
- Clean All vinyl base or any other type of base cleaned nightly or as directed by Building Management.
- All glass surfaces, including glass doors and partitions, cleaned nightly or as directed by Building Management.
CORRIDORS – PERIODIC CLEANING
QUARTERLY CLEANING SCHEDULE
- Clean lights, globes, diffusers, and fixtures as often as necessary or as directed by Building Management, but not less than four (4) times per year.
AS NEEDED DUTIES
- If resilient or other hard finish, mop, wax, and buff to maintain in a clean and brightly polished condition. Materials and frequencies determined by Building Management.
LOBBY/LOWER LEVEL – NIGHTLY CLEANING
- Wash, strip, wax, buff, and polish all public area flooring to maintain a clean and brightly polished condition. Material and frequencies determined by Building Management.
- Dust and/or damp wipe all horizontal surfaces.
- Sweep, vacuum, spot clean, and scrub all mats and lobby runners as required.
- Clean all exterior cigarette urns and replace with sand or water.
- Wash windowsills and frames, convector, and convector covers and remove all ink stains and smudges.
- Clean entrance door glass and swing doors, as well as any other glass as directed by Building Management.
- Maintain metal work throughout by cleaning and polishing as necessary or as directed by Building Management.
- Clean payphones, storage rooms, freight elevators, and directory board.
- All other glass surfaces cleaned nightly or at the direction of the Building Management.
- Spot clean walls and other vertical surfaces as necessary or as directed by Building Management.
- Wash and wipe all baseboards and windowsills as necessary during nightly cleaning operations.
- Vacuum and/or mop all building stairwells.
LOBBY/LOWER LEVEL – PERIODIC CLEANING
- Wash and remove all fingerprints, ink stains, smudges, scuff marks, and other marks from all vertical surfaces as necessary, but not less than once per week. ▯ Dust and wipe all interior lobby glass.
- Clean lights, diffusers, and fixtures as often as necessary, but not less than four (4) times a year.
AS NEEDED DUTIES
- Rub down metal and other high-level bright work as necessary and as directed by Building Management.
- Machine scrub flooring and apply appropriate, approved coating or sealant to maintain luster as directed by Building Management.
ELEVATORS – NIGHTLY CLEANING
- All elevator corridors, car thresholds, and saddles are cleaned and polished to remove stains and dirt, paper clips, and other debris. In all cases, special attention will be given to corners and hard-to-reach areas.
- Clean all corners, edges, and tracks are cleaned to remove all stains.
- Vacuum elevator door tracks and saddles.
- Treat and polish all marble and metal work in the elevator cabs as directed by Building Management.
- Polish cars, doors, (inside and out) returns, corridor saddles, and thresholds of elevator doors on all floors. Maintain all metal work throughout.
- Clean exterior doors of all building elevator doors.
- Maintain floors in elevator cabs and clean thoroughly. If carpeted, remove soluble spots which respond to standard spotting procedures without risk of injury to color or fabric.
- Cabs vacuumed nightly. Remove all chewing gum on floors with special attention given to corners and hard-to-reach areas.
- Shampoo carpets in elevator cabs not less than once per week, or as directed by Building Management, including spare carpets.
EXTERIOR WALKS & ENTRANCES – DAILY CLEANING
- Police the entire exterior perimeter of the buildings to pick up cigarette butts, paper, leaves, and any other debris.
- Sweep as necessary in a neat and orderly condition.
- Discrepancies or clean-up required beyond normal policing will be reported to Building Management.
- All exterior walks swept down nightly.
- Exterior Miscellaneous
- Wipe down all entrance glass and metal to remove any water splashes as stains.
- All exterior walks, plaza areas, and entrances machine scrubbed using an electric rotary scrubber.
- On completion of operation, all surfaces will be hosed down and all standing water removed by squeegee.
- Scrubbing must remove all embedded gum, dirt, and grit not removed by normal hosing and sweeping, and all surfaces will be left in a clean and dirt-free condition.
- Quarterly power washing of exterior walkways will be handled as a “special tag” request as directed by Building Management.
BELOW GROUND PARKING (If Applicable)
DAILY CLEANING DUTIES
- Sweep and/or mop clean all stairwells.
- Wipe clean handrails, fire extinguishers, and other mechanical equipment once each week or at the direction of Building Management.
QUARTERLY CLEANING DUTIES
- Power sweep entire garage, including garage entrance area once every four months.
TWO TIMES PER YEAR CLEANING SCHEDULE
- Hose down and squeegee entire garage area two times each year.
- Light fixture lenses washed and dried annually.
MISCELLANEOUS – VACANT AREAS
- The contractor shall provide complete uniforms (winter and summer) for all building personnel, as directed.
- The building will approve all uniforms and direct, when necessary, the modification, repair, or replacement of all uniform
MISCELLANEOUS: DAY PORTER FILL-IN
- Contractor will provide a day porter from time to time to fill-in and assist Building Engineer/Maintenance to coverage vacations, leave of absences, and/or sick time.
- The day porter will perform such duties as directed by Building Management.
- This request is typical of contractor’s “special tag” jobs, of which, invoiced according to contractor’s rate.
PRODUCTION CONTROL SCHEDULE & MSDS SHEETS
- Contractor will provide a monthly Production Control Schedule and the required MSDS Sheets.
As you can see by the size of this Cleaning Checklist for property managers it is a complex task that required considerable oversight. If you are looking to take these duties off your place consider Commercial Cleaning Corp. From hiring cleaning staff, training, and quality control we ensure you you can focus your energy on other tasks. Fill out the form below for a no obligation quote.